Lately I have been exploring cafes around the city. I absolutely love some of the quaint artsy ones I've stumbled upon. There is just something about the atmosphere - art draping the walls, vintage things peeking around every corner, the smell of fresh pastries, croissant and coffee, but most of all the music.
I have found some of the dopest music by way of a coffee shop playlist playing subtly while I sip a messy hot soy vanilla latte. It never fails that my musical antennas are immediately raised. I whip out my phone, hit my Shazam app to discover the song and artist. There is a distinct kind of sound that plays while you're letting a warm espresso settle in your system. Below CLICK 'SPOTIFY PLAYLIST' to check out some of my coffee shop faves. I hope you enjoy it and it puts you in the same atmosphere from wherever you are. I just started using Spotify so this my very first playlist with more to come.
- Woman Go Wild, Pixie Geldolf
- Restless Waters, Tortoise
- Needy Bess, Nick Hakim
- He Would Have Laughed, Deer Hunter
- Keep Kool, Winona Forever
- No Woman, No Cry, Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Candy Wrappers, Summer Salt
- Darkroom, Ten Sleep
- Chronic Sunshine, Cosmo Pyke
- Lay-By, Tennyson
- Don't Explain, Nina Simone
- In Your River, Snoh Aalegra
- Let My Baby Stay, Amandla Stenberg